Heatshrink 4:1 SMALL:
- The inner diameter is 7.0mm (1/4") before shrinking
- After maximum shrinking, the inner diameter is 1.75mm (1/16")
- Shrink ratio of 4 to 1
- 1 meter of heatshrink makes 66 15mm pieces. This is enough heatshrink for one 24 pin cable, and one 8 pin cable plus a little extra for mistakes. Alternatively, it is enough for two PCI-e cable sets (8+8 or 8+6) plus a little extra for mistakes
No compromise – the highest level in heatshrink quality
As with the famous MDPC-X Sleeving, the MDPC heatshrink quality is globally regarded as the best-in-class, since MDPC started in 2007.
Instead of beginning to talk about all kind of technical data, test results and specifications, here is what users typically told us about our heatshrinks: "Hello MDPC, I just wanted to tell you that I have used so many different heatshrinks in my professional career, but yours top them all in every aspect."
MDPC just offers what can’t be exceeded in quality; otherwise we would not offer it. While most manufacturers of heatshrinks went the cost-saving route in the last years and the available quality degraded, our quality stayed the same.
What makes a good heatshrink for us?
• First of all we like ultra-thin walls. It just looks awesome and you can easily over-expand it in order to extend its original diameter even more. MDPC offers the thinnest walls in relation to its corresponding shrink-ration.
• We love a high shrink-ratio, so one heatshrink-size can be used in many situations easily and effectively. "1:1" would mean that it does not shrink at all. "2:1" means that it shrinks down to 1/2 of its original diameter. "3:1" means that it shrinks to 1/3, "4:1" means that it shrinks down to an amazing 1/4. MDPC offers unusual shrink-rates, which make your work as easy as possible.
• Absolutely smooth surfaces with a matte appearance is not a very common combination, but MDPC gives this to you.
• While being ultra-thin, it is important that the heatshrink does not burn so quickly. With this property, it is easy to melt MDPC Sleeve underneath the shrink by applying temperatures of more than 250°C. The very thin walls help you to see when the sleeve melts. You recognize it as soon as the footprint of the sleeving edge underneath the heatshrink turns into a smooth transition.
• Different colors are very important, so people can color-code their cables and of course support their designs in a beautiful way.
To sum up what MDPC-X heatshrink stands for: Only the best in heatshrink-technology and design is good enough for us. If something could be done better, we have already done it.
How to use heatshrink in combination with MDPC-X sleeve
You either need a heatgun or lighter to shrink the heatshrink. A hair-dryer is not enough to shrink to the minimum diameter. For colored heatshrinks, we recommend to only use a heatgun.
Using a lighter, the best technique is as follows: Only use the lower portion of the flame (the flame should be at least 3 cm long) and move it into the heatshrink and out of it again and again, while twisting the cable & heatshrink from time to time, so you heat it up at different sides.
Let the heatshrink completely cool down, before you apply any length-stretching-force onto the MDPC-X Sleeve. Once the heatshrink is cooled down, it turns hard and holds the sleeve in position. If you want to move a cable-end into a connector (i. e. ATX wire into ATX connector), you can heat up the front of the heatshrink, so it gets soft again and adjusts perfectly to the inner shape of a connector. Learn more about using our heatshrink for “melting” techniques in the previous section.
FAQ: How do I over-expand my heatshrink?
Just take a long-nosed plier and put the heatshrink over the closed tips. Then you carefully open the pliers so the heatshrink gets stretched. Reposition the heatshrink so the stretching applies on other areas of the surface too. This avoids that the surface gets too unstable at the over-expanded area. Experiment with these techniques and you will quickly learn what you can do and what not. When you heat up an over-expanded heatshrink, be more careful with the heat application than you usually are. Let it cool down from time to time. Mastering this technique allows you to get the heatshrink over connectors, which are slightly too big for the "regular" heatshrink size.
Technical properties of current generation MDPC heatshrinks
Here are the most important specifications, which might help you in your work with our heatshrinks.
• the heatshrinks will start to shrink at ~95°C
• the heatshrinks can be constantly exposed to 160°C
• for a couple of hours, you can expose the heatshrinks to 240°C without melting or breaking effects
• no corrosion effects in contact with copper
• very low water absorption of only ~0.25%
• dielectric strength of 20KV per mm
• very good resistance to chemicals, oil, cleaning agents
• no printings on the heatshrinks
We constantly keep our heatshrinks on top of what's technically possible - today and in the future.
Nog geen berichten gevonden.
Voeg als eerste een bericht toe!
Wij stellen dat zeer op prijs.