All reservoirs of the ULTITUBE series are equipped with a borosilicate glass tube. In contrast to acrylic glass, which is often used for tube reservoirs, borosilicate glass is extremely hard and scratch-resistant, features superb thermal and chemical resistance and a very low thermal expansion. The glass tube has an outer diameter of 65 mm and a wall thickness of 5 mm. Black anodized aluminum rings are securely bonded to both ends of the glass tube, and the rings do not get into contact with the coolant. Base and lid of the ULTITUBE series reservoirs are made from resilient acetal and screwed to the glass tube. After unscrewing the lid, a large opening ensures easy filling.
At the bottom of the reservoir, an integrated stainless steel mesh filter element effectively separates both particles and air bubbles from the coolant. The mesh filter is integrated into a molded rubber part and can be rinsed with tap water. The gasket between glass tube and lid is also a molded rubber part, designed to be securely held in the right position during fastening of the lid.
The PRO version ships with a RGBpx compatible LED ring with 13 addressable LEDs that can be used for effective illumination of the reservoir. The LEDs can be directly connected to the D5 NEXT pump. A connector at the end of the strip can be used to connect another RGBpx component consecutively.
For additional, vibration dampening fixation of the reservoir in the upper area of the glass tube, a fixation ring made from rubber with a stainless steel insert is included.
LEAKSHIELD actively prevents leaks and continuously monitors the coolant loop for even very small leaks.
In addition to leak prevention, LEAKSHIELD can check the system for leaks even before filling the system, enable easy filling by a suction line, as well as monitor the fill level of the reservoir.
LEAKSHIELD generates a negative pressure in the whole coolant loop, therefore in case of a leak, coolant cannot exit the system, but ambient air is sucked into the system. In order to ensure that there is a negative pressure everywhere in the system, the amount of negative pressure can be adjusted depending on the installed coolant pump.
If air does indeed enter the system, an integrated vacuum pump of LEAKSHIELD removes it from the system to maintain the negative pressure. Only in case of massive leaks, for example a completely separated tube, may coolant exit the cooling system.
Fill level measurement
By monitoring changes in pressure and the volume of pumped air, LEAKSHIELD can precisely calculate the current fill level of the reservoir.
Even before the cooling system is started up for the first time, LEAKSHIELD can be used to check the system for leaks. In leak tester mode, a negative pressure is generated in the system and then monitored for changes in pressure. An integrated, highly accurate pressure sensor in LEAKSHIELD continuously monitors changes in pressure, the leak rate also can be displayed in ml/h. Even minuscule pressure changes are detected, enabling detection of very small leaks.
Filling and topping up of coolant
Instead of pouring coolant into the reservoir, negative pressure generated by LEAKSHIELD can be used to suck coolant directly from a coolant container using an optional suction line. Splashing and spills while filling are effectively prevented.
LEAKSHIELD demonstration video
You will find more detailed information on the function and setup of LEAKSHIELD here.
The reservoir is equipped with an Aqua Computer D5 NEXT pump, installed directly into the base of the reservoir.
Key features of the D5 NEXT include:
- Laing D5 ceramic bearing motor for optimum durability and smoothness
- Detachable controller unit for easy access to the electrical connectors
- High resolution OLED display and integrated buttons for operation even without a PC
- Integrated RGBpx illumination for light effects and alarm indication
- Integrated water temperature sensor
- PWM fan output with up to 25 Watts of power and speed monitoring
- Fan output can alternatively be used as a flow sensor input
- Versatile control options
- Eight further values can be transferred from the PC to the D5 NEXT using the aquasuite software
- RGBpx LED output for up to 90 addressable LEDs
- RGBpx LED output can alternatively be configured as aquabus interface for connection to an aquaero 5/6
- Alarm buzzer for acoustic alarm indication
- Power supply via SATA connector
- USB 2.0 interface
- Firmware can be updated via USB
- aquasuite software for a comfortable setup, evaluation and visualization of all sensor data
Mounting material for installation to a side/rear panel or to the bottom of a PC case is included in delivery. For decoupling, four soft rubber buffers are included.
- Coolant capacity: approx. 350 ml
- Connection threads: G1/4
- D5 NEXT Supply voltage: 5V, 12V
- D5 NEXT Maximum power consumption: 65 W (including fan and RGBpx output)
- D5 NEXT Maximum fan output power: 25 watts
- D5 NEXT Maximum pump head: 3,7 m / 370 mbar
- LEAKSHIELD Generated negative pressure: max. -450 mbar
- LEAKSHIELD Supply voltage: 5 V DC via USB
- LEAKSHIELD Current consumption: max. 500 mA
- Dimensions incl. D5 NEXT pump and LEAKSHIELD: approx. 72 x 77 x 277 mm
- (All dimensions without mounting material)
- The number 100/150/200 in the Ultitube series product name refers to the length of the glass tube in millimeters.
Scope of delivery:
- One reservoir with integrated pump
- RGBpx compatible LED ring
- RGBpx cable, length 50 cm
- Rubber fixation ring with stainless steel insert
- Two internal USB cables, length approx. 100 cm
- Mounting material
- Windows 8.1 or newer
- Internal USB 2.0 port
Notes on the aquasuite software:
When you activate this product you will receive the current version of the aquasuite software including an upgrade service for at least eighteen (18) months. After expiration of the upgrade service you may use and reinstall the latest version available during the upgrade period without a time limit.
The update service can optionally be extended or renewed at any time for a fee.
Please note that an internet connection is required for the installation and activation of the aquasuite software.
Further information about the update service and the activation of the aquasuite software can be found here.
Please note: Fittings are not included in delivery, please order separately.
No posts found