EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 - Nickel + Plexi is the newest flagship CPU water block tailor-made for AMD® Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors. The Magnitude sTRX4, which belongs to the EK-Quantum product line, is the most complex Threadripper CPU water block on the market to date. This new lineup has no intention of succeeding or replacing their Velocity sTR4 counterparts, as the Magnitude version is a rather sophisticated alternative optimized specifically for Zen 2 based AMD Threadripper CPUs.
The award-winning, signature design truly sets the Magnitude apart, with every piece being CNC-milled from a solid piece of material. The precisely machined flat coldplate is made of nickel-plated high-grade copper and the top is made of glass-like Acrylic material. The three-dimensional aluminum mounting frame perfectly blends in with the asymmetrical shape of the Threadripper CPU socket, while making the screws a seamless part of the water block. Strong edges and chamfers root this futuristic design firmly into the EK Quantum line. Magnitude proudly bears the prestigious iF Design Award.
It is possible to rotate the Insert by 180°, thus exchanging the optimal inlet and outlet ports so that the flow direction may be reversed. Because the SP3 sockets are asymmetrical, and to prevent incorrect re-assembly, it is not possible to rotate the top, frame, or coldplate relative to the socket. The accents in a different color are available separately and can easily be replaced.
The water block implements the evolution of the patent-pending technology called TDC, or Targeted Die Cooling. This technology was first developed for the 2nd generation EK Threadripper CPU water blocks. The Magnitude now utilizes it on a more sophisticated level. The cooling engine is enlarged significantly. The coldplate is now completely flat with the 4 patches that ensure optimal contact with the IHS over CCDs creating ideal conditions for best thermal transfer. Two 0.5mm thick jet plates make sure that coolant flow is focused and turbulent over the CCDs (Core Complex Dies).
This product is compatible with popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the addressable RGB header. The Nickel + Plexi version uses the same high-density LED strip with a total of 44 addressable RGB diodes as the other LED-lit Magnitude water blocks, but they illuminate inwards, unlike other solid-top variants of this water block which shine outward. The LED Strip must be inserted through the frame and the wire can exit the block on any of the corners for best cable routing.
CPU socket compatibility:
- AMD Socket sTRX4 (Socket SP3r3)
- AMD Socket TR4 (Socket SP3r2)
- AMD Socket SP3
- EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi water block
- TIM / thermal grease: EK-TIM Ectotherm (1g)
Made in Slovenia - EU!
- The use of specifically engineered coolants that contain corrosion, scale, and biological inhibitors is mandatory to prevent damage to your nickel-plated water block! EK is offering a selection of such products in the coolants section.
- For best results, please refer to the installation manual regarding the thermal compound application.
- A backplate is not included! The water block is mounted directly onto the AMD SP3 socket mounting holes.
- This product should NOT be installed with any aluminum Fluid Gaming parts!
- The arrow marking on the 3-pin addressable LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB header.
|Material / Design / Color option||Nickel Plexi|
|Chip Manufacturer||AMD Radeon|
No posts found