EK-Quantum Velocity sTR4 is the 3rd generation of CPU water blocks that are tailor-made for AMD® Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors. They come with a pre-assembled, error-preventing mounting mechanism. The primary goal in designing the new EK-Quantum Velocity sTR4 water block was to cover the entire IHS of HEDT AMD® Ryzen Threadripper processors and to improve performance over the previous generation of sTR4 water blocks.
The top is made from nickel-plated brass with a D-RGB illuminated EK logo. Every EK-Quantum Velocity sTR4 water block comes with a precisely machined copper base (sometimes referred to as ‘cold plate’) which is made from the purest copper available on the market and is treated with nickel electroplating.
EK-Quantum Velocity sTR4 comes with a pre-assembled error-preventing mounting mechanism that is installed directly onto the SocketTR4 mounting holes. The result is a perfect installation which results in optimal performance every time. This also means the water block is out of the box compatible with AMD’s server type Socket SP3 motherboards. With such a mounting solution, the user does not need to remove the motherboard from the case and so has a hassle-free installation procedure of the new CPU.
This product is compatible with popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the addressable RGB header. You can easily remove the LED strip cover which is mounted with two screws to replace the LED strip with some other type of LED strip.
It’s recommended that users follow the EK-Quantum Velocity sTR4 water block installation manual for the suggested method of thermal grease application for the best-expected results.
CPU socket compatibility:
- AMD Socket sTRX4
- AMD Socket TR4 (Socket SP3r2)
- AMD Socket SP3
- EK-Quantum Velocity sTR4 D-RGB - Full Nickel water block
- TIM / thermal grease: EK-TIM Ectotherm (1g)
Made in Slovenia - EU!
- The use of specifically engineered coolants that contain corrosion, scale, and biological inhibitors is mandatory to prevent damage to your nickel-plated water block! EK is offering a selection of such products in the coolants section.
- For best results, please refer to the installation manual regarding the thermal compound application.
- A backplate is not included! The water block is mounted directly onto the AMD TR4 socket mounting holes.
- This product should NOT be installed with any aluminum Fluid Gaming parts!
- The arrow marking on the 3-pin addressable LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB header.
|Material / Design / Color option||Full Nickel|
No posts found