EK-Quantum Vector RE RTX 3080/3090 is an updated design of the 2nd generation Vector GPU water block from the EK® Quantum Line. It is made for graphics cards based on the latest NVIDIA® Ampere™ architecture. This extended compatibility water block fits even more reference PCB designs. For a precise compatibility match of this water block, we recommend you refer to the EK Cooling Configurator.
EK-Quantum Vector RTX RE water block for reference GeForce RTX 3080 and 3090 GPUs
EK-Quantum Vector RTX RE 3080/3090 D-RGB water block is compatible with most reference design (not Founders Edition) GeForce RTX 3080 and 3090 graphics cards. It is purpose-designed with a much thicker copper base to clear the tall capacitors on most reference design graphics cards. This gives the water block the advantage of having a wider compatibility list, without sacrificing any coolant flow restriction.
The Vector water block directly cools the GPU, VRAM, and the VRM (voltage regulation module) as a cooling liquid is channeled right over these critical areas. The water block is in contact with MOSFETs and chokes to maximize cooling and minimize the chances of coil whine.
These newly developed water blocks feature optimized flow paths that reduce hydrodynamic instabilities and vortexing (dead spots) inside of them. Additionally, this new design allows the terminal to be screwed directly onto the copper cold plate of the GPU block, making it more rigid and reducing the chances of damaging the water block.
The EK-Quantum Vector RE Series water blocks use an Open Split-Flow cooling engine design, which proved to be a superior solution for GPU water blocks. It is characterized by low hydraulic flow restriction, meaning it can be used with weaker water pumps or pumps running on low-speed settings, and still achieve top performance. The jet plate and fin structure geometry have been optimized to provide even flow distribution with minimal losses and optimal performance when used in any given coolant flow orientation.
Fin array is populated by 27 microfins with 0.5mm wide microchannels that provide optimal cooling performance, without unnecessary flow restrictions or clogging hazards.
The base of the block is CNC-machined out of nickel-plated electrolytic copper, while its top is CNC-machined out of glass-like cast Acrylic. These 2nd generation Vector GPU water blocks also feature plexi terminals that match the top cover. The watertight sealing is ensured by high-quality EPDM O-rings, while brass standoffs are already pre-installed and allow for a safe and easy installation procedure.
D-RGB lighting on EK-Quantum Vector RE RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB water block
The aesthetic end-piece is housing the addressable D-RGB LED strip. This water block boasts a total of 5 individually addressable RGB LEDs, and it is compatible with popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. The arrow marking on the 3-pin D-RGB LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB (addressable) header.
Backplate for the 3080/3090 water block
EK recommends the purchase of a retention backplate, which improves the overall aesthetics of your graphics cards, and also provides additional passive cooling for the GPU core, VRAM on the 3090 cards, and backside of the printed circuit board VRM section.
- EK-Quantum Vector RE RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB series high-performance water block
- Mounting mechanism with screw-in brass standoffs
- Necessary mounting screws, nuts, and washers
- 2x Nickel plated brass plug G1/4”
- EK-Loop Multi Allen Key (6mm, 8mm, 9mm)
- Thermal pads
- Thermal grease EK-TIM Ectotherm (1g)
- Dimensions: (LxHxW) - 220x124x20.5mm
- D-RGB cable length: 500mm
- D-RGB LED count: 5
- D-RGB connector standard 3-pin (+5V, Data, Blocked, Ground)
Made in Slovenia - Europe!
- This block is made for reference PCB 3080 and 3090 cards. Founders Edition does NOT have a reference PCB.
- Due to the immense variety of fittings/barbs available on the market, we guarantee compatibility only with EK fittings.
- Factory backplates are not compatible with this water block!
- Check your toolbox if you are missing this special Hex adapter for some of the screws.
- This product should NOT be installed with any aluminum Fluid Gaming parts!
- The use of specifically engineered coolants that contain corrosion, scale, and biological inhibitors is mandatory to prevent damage to your nickel plated water block! EK is offering a selection of such products in the coolants section.
|Material / Design / Color option||Nickel Plexi|
|Chip Manufacturer||Nvidia GeForce|
No posts found